This idea is inspired by the legacy challenges found for the game The Sims. In brief, it is a 10 generation breeding challenge where the aim is to go from an ungened starter to an attractive triple-gened dragon. There are rules and limitations in place to make that more of a challenge.
This challenge also has a board on the FR forums.
- Obtain an unhatched egg (or buy an unbred first gen dragon)
- Hatch it - this dragon is your founder
- Find a mate for this dragon
- The mate must be the same flight as your founder (doesn’t matter if not the same flight you’re in)
- You cannot pay more than 10,000t for this dragon
- This dragon must not have bred before
- When they’re ready, breed them
- When the eggs hatch, the first egg that hatches is the heir
- You can keep, exalt or sell the founder & mate and any other hatchlings; whatever you do, they are now excluded from the challenge
- You must now find a mate for your heir
- This mate must be the same flight as the founder was
- You cannot pay more than 20,000t for them
- When they’re ready, breed them
- The rules for each subsequent generation are the same
- The mate treasure cap rises by 10,000 each generation (e.g. 3rd gen = 30, 4th gen = 40k)
- The first hatchling to be born for this generation is your final dragon
- If you’ve been keeping score, tally your total and see how you did compared to others doing the challenge
- No scrolling: no breed change, no scatter, no gening, no removing genes, no maturity scrolls
- Renaming scrolls are an exception to this rule
- You cannot use dragons you’ve won, been given, or bred from another pair as a mate for one of your heirs, you must purchase them
- Points for hatchlings can only be counted for the clutch the heir was in - you can’t breed your first pair again and count their offspring as points towards your legacy score (though of course you can breed them as much as you want outside of the challenge)
SCORING - money
- 2 points for every 10k under budget you came when buying mates for your heirs (round prices up)
- Example: in your 5th generation with a limit of 50k you only spent 18k - round up to 20k, leaving you 30k under budget = 6 points
- Advanced optional scoring: 2 points for every 10k made from selling/exalting legacy dragons (old founder/mates or non-heir hatchlings)
SCORING - hatchlings
- 1 point for a plentiful breed (tundra, guardian, mirror, fae)
- 2 points for commons (pearlcatcher, ridgeback, snapper, spiral)
- 3 points for uncommons (skydancer)
- 4 points for limited (imperial)
- 5 points for rare (wildclaw, coatl)
- 1 point if 5 egg nest
- 3 point per treasure gene
- 5 points per gem gene (circuit, iridescent, shimmer)
- 3 points for double colours (xxy, xyx, yxx)
- 5 points for triple colours (xxx)
- heir multiplier: your heir scores double
- example: a basic/seraph (3)/basic snapper (2) would score 5 - doubled to 10 if it was your heir dragon
- You can set yourself extra goals: e.g. to get a xxy or a triple in 10 generations, to get a specific colour or colour combo in 10 generations
- You can play without scoring if you like
- Uglacy variant: your goal is to breed a supremely ‘ugly’ dragon in 10 generations
- Breed restricted variant: all the dragons you use are the same breed
- You can theme your legacy for extra fun, e.g. a naming scheme
- Perhaps have a piece of apparel that gets passed from heir to heir
- If you’re into RPing, get to it!
Please reblog this post, don’t copy/repost it. Use the button next to the gear button on the top right of the reblog window and select ‘reblog as text’ to reblog a full text posts without it cutting off.
Tag update posts about this #flight rising legacy challenge
Ask me anything
My Dragon Hatchery/Nest Rental/Dragons For Sale/Wishlist/Everything Thread
Unused Main blog, unused art blog, fantroll RP blog
IM CALLING THE POLICE
YES HELLO OFFICER ID LIKE TO REPORT SOME //BULLSHIT//
WHAT BULLSHIT YOU ASK HOW ABOUT FOUR MOTHERFUCKING BONEPRIESTS ON ONE GODDAMNED MAP WHEN I ONLY GOT THREE DRAGONS TO FUCK WITH
WELL //SIR// I DIDN’T THINK THE NATURE OF MY EMERGENCY HAD TO BE SO SPECIFIC
CANT YOU SEND A SQUAD CAR OUT HERE AT LEAST SHIT IM GONNA GET MY ASSHOLE REAMED AND YOU DONT CARE SO FUCKING MUCH FOR AMERICA’S LAW ENFORCEMENT
can u rename dragons
bc i maDE a mISTAKE…
omfg I really hope the mistake was just capitalizing the G okay i’m DYING
- Selling items straight from your hoard will get you quick cash, but some items can be used in other places on the site, and will sell for much more than the default price.
- NAME YOUR DRAGONS BEFORE YOU SELL THEM IF YOU DON’T WANT THEM EXALTED UNNAMED. Anything under 10k, assume will be exalted. Anything over, still may be. Name them if you are worried about having an ‘unnamed’ in your offspring list forever.
- Dragons sell for more towards the weekends! Especially if there is a Domination push!
- When leveling up dragons, a 4 Str/2 Quick/1 Vit build works best. 4 Str/2 Quick is a good glass canon, but harder at lower levels. Give them Scratch/Shred/Eliminate and two Ambush Battle stones.
- Check the Known Bugs thread before you report one, there are quite a few already known, with workarounds.
- Gather food if you need it (keep your dragons well fed for 3 days straight to get bonus gathering turns)
- Incubate your nests. Eggs will NOT rot, but need to be incubated to hatch!
- Convert only the food you need from items to food points (there’s a bug where sometimes food is deleted instead of converted! Keep an eye on the numbers!)
- Visit Crim hourly in the Trading Post to trade items. USUALLY if she will pay 500 treasure, it is a good deal. But always check the Auction House for the lowest price first. Don’t sell her eggs or scrolls. EVER.
- Visit Pinkerton in the Trading Post once a day for a free item.
- Swap items with Swip. Some of his trades are cheaper to buy in the marketplace or Auction House, so check first!
- Play Fairground games to earn a maximum of 75k
- Grind in the Coliseum for extra food or loot.
- CHECK YOUR FLIGHT FORUMS FOR DOMINANCE BATTLE PLANS! You can help out, get to know people, join in raffles, and if you win Dom, it’s an extra week of bonuses!